Please note that by clicking the above to enter artwork online, you will be directed to an external web site : Trybooking.com. We are using an online ticketing system to enter artworks into the Hunters Hill Art Exhibition (ticket= art work entry).
Enter Artwork into the 2017 Hunters Hill Art Exhibition
ENTRY IS NOW OPEN
Please read all the information below including dates for delivery, preparing your art work and the terms and conditions of entry.
The Hunters Hill Art Exhibition has since 1955 been a constant feature on the Sydney Art calendar. This Exhibition brings together a diverse array of artists and styles. Displayed annually is a visual feast, with 350 artworks curated in 3 historic venues.
All 350 selected art works are photographed and displayed on this web site.
Prize & Awards
Hunters Hill Art Prize – $8,000
Open to all entries – a painting, drawing, sculpture or similar in any medium
(please refer to terms and conditions – excludes digitally created and photography).
Sponsored by Tracey Dixon McGrath Real Estate
Hunters Hill Art Prize (Runner Up) – $2,000
Introducing the new Runner Up Prize.
Hunters Hill Sculpture Prize – $5,000
Open to all sculpture.
Hunters Hill Regional Art Prize – $5,000
Painting, drawing or similar from a resident of Hunters Hill, Lane Cove, Ryde & Canada Bay Municipalities.
Hunters Hill Water Colour Prize – $2,000
Open to a painting in water colour.
Hunters Hill Pop-Up Art Prize – $1,000
Best art work displayed in a Pop-Up gallery.
Hunters Hill Smaller Works Prize – $1,000
Painting, drawing or similar up to and no larger than A 4, or 29.7 x 21 cm (Painted Area – frames may be larger).
Nora Heysen Award – $1000 + Weekend artist retreat to Hahndorf S.A.
Open to female artists who are residents of Hunters Hill Municipality only.
HHAE People’s Choice Award – $1,000
Chosen by attending public (1 vote per person).
HHAE Kids’ Choice Award- $500
Designed to engage children in the art on display (1 vote per person).
HHAE 2017: IMPORTANT DATES
Entry Forms due by: Friday 14 April 2017
Delivery of Artwork:
Wednesday 26 April 10.00am – 7.00pm
Thursday 27 April 10.00am – 4.00pm
Friday 28 April 10.00am – 4.00pm
Saturday 29 April 9.00am – 12noon
Selection and Judging:
Saturday 29 & Sunday 30 April
Notification of Selected: Tuesday 2 May
Selected artworks listed on www.huntershill.nsw.gov.au
Collection of artworks:
Artworks can not be collected during the Exhibition.
Wednesday 3 May 10.00am -7.00pm
Thursday 4 May 10.00am – 4.00pm
Tuesday 23 May 10.00am – 4.00pm
Wednesday 24 May 12.00pm – 7.00pm
Thursday 25 May 10.00am – 4.00pm
Opening Night: Friday 12 May
All attending must obtain tickets, which are available online, from Council and on the Night.
Conditions of Entry
In the event of a dispute regarding the interpretation of the Conditions of Entry, the decision of the Hunter’s Hill Council shall be final.
• $30 (inclusive GST) Entry fee per artwork entered. • Each artwork will be judged in all Prizes and Awards it is eligible for. • Entry fees are non refundable. • A separate entry form must be completed for each artwork. • Maximum 6 entries per artist • All entries must be the original work of the artist and completed within the last 12 months.
Refusal of Entry: digitially created & photographs are excluded from selection. Hunter’s Hill Council reserves the right to refuse any entry.
Sale: All entries must be for sale and all GST registered artists should include GST in the total selling price on entry form.
Commission: A 30% fee will be charged on all sales.
Insurance: This is the responsibility of the exhibitor. Council accepts no responsibility for loss, theft or damage.
Copyright: Hunter’s Hill Council reserves the right to photograph works exhibited in the Hunters Hill Art Exhibition for the purpose of
documentation and promotion. All necessary acknowledgements of authorship will be duly made.
Preparation of Artwork:
• All paintings must be dry, framed or professionally presented, and ready for hanging with wire and D-ring hanging devices. • No screw eyes or
projections on the item that could cause damage to other works. • Frames or hanging devices requiring repair work will be rejected.
• Framed area not to exceed 1800mm (6ft) by 1500mm (5ft) – This also includes triptychs & diptychs (panels must be attached as if one piece of artwork)
• Smaller Works Prize – A 4, or 29.7 x 21 cm (Painted Area)
• Hanging Art works – 15kg • Sculptures – 50kg (Sculpture over 20kg will need to be positioned by the Artist prior to Opening.)
Delivery and Collection:
• Deliver and collect artwork to/from Hunters Hill Town Hall, 22 Alexandra Street, Hunters Hill. • Works sent by freight/courier must be paid for by artist. • All works must be correctly packaged. Packaging should be of a quality to allow for re-use and the safe return of works. Return freight/courier/post stickers must be included. • All necessary delivery and collection arrangements to be made by the exhibitor on the dates specified. • Selected Artwork can not be collected until after the Exhibition has closed. All Artwork must be collected on the dates specified. • Any uncollected entries, will incur a charge of $5 per day or part thereof, and will be disposed of after a 4 week period.
Judging and Selection:
• All entries will be viewed and selected by the (3) judges for display in the Hunters Hill Art Exhibition. • Artwork selection is final, no correspondence will be entered into. • Hunters Hill Art Exhibition 2017 finalists will be listed on 2/5/ 17 on Council’s website – www.huntershill.nsw.gov.au. Do not phone Council to find out if your art work has been selected.
Exhibition Tickets: As this is a large group Exhibition, all artists attending the Exhibition must pay to enter.
LABEL EACH ARTWORK – As below clearly mark on the back of each art work. These details should be the same as the entry form.
Title of artwork_______________________________________________________________________________________